Debates

Last night was the third Democratic primary debate, down to ten people from twenty.

I get so frustrated at the lack of depth and the limited topics. There are so many important things to talk about, and health care is important, but we have a lot of bad shit going on in this country and we need to deal with it. I wouldn't call that spectacle last night a debate, because they aren't really going back and forth with each other to dive deep.

I'd like to see real, everyday citizens ask questions about a variety of topics and then let the candidates answer, followed by a real back and forth debate. Even if we did one topic at a time. They are going to have town halls, and maybe those will turn out to be more revealing about where the candidate is coming from and how they would handle it.

I like Elizabeth Warren best, always have, even before they were asking if she was running for President. I like that she can explain complex topics in simple terms that people can understand. Unfortunately most people aren't paying attention and will vote against their own best interest because they didn't bother to listen or become informed.

The wave of stupidity and ignorance is killing us. We've dumbed down our entire country to the point where having a critical thought makes you "elite", which is used as a slur. People are actually proud to be dumb. "I'm with stupid" should be our national motto.

I am so tired of stupidity. In my lifetime, it seems like it all started with Ronald Reagan and has been sliding downhill ever since. We should never have elected an actor to begin with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Hijack My Flag

Men Think I Hate Them