Welcome to False Summits

Welcome to my new blog, False Summits. It's my personal effort to stay grounded in a world that seems to be flying out of control and randomly headed for a massive collision at any time. It's not about climbing mountains.

At a time when I feel like I'm moving into a different phase of my life, I wanted to write my deeper thoughts and the random ideas that cross my mind, no matter how weirdly shocking, outrageous, and unusual they are.

In life, we often think we are right- and then get proven wrong. You can never assume anything. That’s another reason I gave the blog its name. Life is a series of false summits. But that means we get to keep climbing and rising higher.

I'm a better than 55 year old woman, an ultrarunner, and much more. I like to think I still have meaningful, utilitarian, and functional experiences and thoughts that are valuable for people to learn from or are worth sharing. I'm finding myself discarding a lot of things that no longer serve me- or never did. I want to lighten my load and focus on what's important.

After you cut through all the crap we've been fed, go on a diet and lose that useless bulk of everyday bullshit that weighs your spirit down, it comes down to a few important things: Human connection, giving something back, doing something enjoyable, sharing with your community, being okay with who and where you are in this crazy world we live in, and laughing at stuff whenever you can.

I intend to do a couple of things with this blog: there will be a combination of short and longer posts. Some will be the thoughts that occur to me, if I think they are blogworthy. And I'll also be sharing some more in-depth posts where I explore a particular topic or issue that I want to discuss.

Please feel free to comment, these days the ugliness of social media might force me to restrict commenting at some point, but we'll see how it goes.

I'll look forward to sharing and hearing from readers.

Photo: Divine Downloads Deck Copyright 2018 by Lisbeth Overton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Debates

Don't Hijack My Flag

Men Think I Hate Them